If you are in eCommerce business or website and searching for leads in your conversion rates, then, you are at the right place. By looking at examples of some of the finest converting lead generation websites, you can learn more accurately as to what exactly works! and the most important thing is that, why it works? The following steps have proven that the lead generation boosters that not just improve conversions, but can also increase your website’s trust factor and authority.
How To Optimise ECommerce Website - Here are the tips
• Search Engine Optimization:
It's the most popular method to get traffic from the search engines but it takes a lot of time and efforts. Organic traffic is the most genuine traffic to lead generation, if most of your traffic is organic then your conversion rate will be high otherwise you will have to make more efforts in order to get organic traffic from the search engines. There are two types of optimization in SEO but as we are discussing about optimizing ecommerce website, we will provide you details as per Ecommerce industry:
The first is on-page optimisation for ecommerce website - In this method, we have to make changes in own website to get rankings and organic traffic from the search engines. Here are the most recommended on-page activities:
1. A website should be mobile friendly: - Recently, Google announced an important update for all websites, whether it is static or dynamic, it must be responsive or mobile friendly. If your website is not responding then you will lose ranking on mobile phone and everybody knows that 60% of organic search comes from mobile devices. On-page SEO for ecommerce is helpful when you build your website mobile friendly.
2. Content: - Content is the backbone of every website, for getting high ranked on the search engines. If you have added quality content on your shopping website then it will boost the ranking of your page and it will be appearing on the search engine on the top. On the contrary if you place copied content on your website then your website will be penalized by the search engines. Google introduced an algorithm called "Panda" to penalize the websites which have duplicate content. So! Avoid duplicate content on your website.
3. URL Structure: As we know, shopping websites have thousands of urls and those urls comes from dynamic coding. So, before starting SEO on your ecommerce website, consult your developer to make SEO friendly urls because Google and other search engines like good url structure. If your developer denied this request then ask him for these changes just on some landing pages. Here is the image of some good url structure:
4. Microdata Schema Markup: – To optimize shopping website, add microdata on your website, with the help of microdata search engines can understand more about your web page. It was first introduced in 2011 by schema.org and it is supported by major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. As we now see Google and other search engines are showing microdata results in the Search Engine Results Pages itself.
It will boost your ranking because these microdata schema mark-ups provide authentic information to the search engines. There are many types of microdata – Expect a post explain all the different types of microdata soon!
5. Canonical Issues: - This is the most common issue in the shopping websites. On page optimization tips for eCommerce websites are working only, when you implement all the techniques in your web page.
This can be resolved by canonical tag. Just ask your developer to implement these tags on the website.
6. Page Speed: - Your website must be fast and open within a few micro seconds, if it takes time, then the visitor will leave your page and that will increase your bounce rate. Hence, it is important to make webpage snappy and so that no web page of your website should take long time for opening up. For this you have to contact your designer, he will compress the images, remove inactive Java script and make changes on the courses.
7. Customer Reviews: - If someone is interested in your product, obviously he will also like to see customer reviews. This will also help your website to rank well and if you have good customer reviews, then no one will leave your website without buying.
A. If you can implement customer reviews with micro data, your reviews will also be shown on the Google page like this:
B. Good reviews can impress your customers about your quality, delivery and product guarantee.
8. Search Box - This box is very useful for ecommerce but I highly recommend you to implement this box on every website you own. Suppose someone visits your website and want a different product then this search box will help them to search different products within your website. They will not leave your website until you have vast range of products at good prices.
9. Q & A Related to the product - Shopping websites are selling a lot of products online with different sizes and specification. All products are manufactured by different companies and selling at one store. Hence prior to buying customers would want to ask a lot of questions related to the products. If you post questions with answers related to the products then it will save the customer’s time and they will be satisfied about your products. Mind it! Doubt is a very dangerous thing, if customer is having doubts about your product then there is a 70% chance that he will not buy your product.
10. Social Media & OG tags - Install social media and OG Tags (Open Graph Tags) on your website to optimizing ecommerce website. This will increase your social awareness; you can post your products on social media by using a single click feature. It will increase sales & traffic of your website and sometimes it will also help for branding purpose. Suppose you are a user and you have purchased something from my website and shared the link of that product on your facebook wall, then maybe some friend of yours would also be interested in the same product. If they would go through the link then maybe I would get a new customer.
11. Product Details Page:
A. Title tag - The title tag is the most important thing on the page. This tag provides information to the search engines that what kind of page is this or what information does this page contain. Keep in mind! Each page Title is different from another page, so don't use the same name for similar product, try to use or add a new/different name for each and every product.
Title character limit is 50-55 characters.
B. Meta tags - Meta tags like description and keywords is useful for optimization. They provide extra information to the search engine. You can use primary or secondary keywords in the Meta tags to get benefits in the search results. However, there is a limit of each meta tag:
C. Alt Tag - Google and other search engines cannot see your images directly, you have to implement ALT Tag on each image to provide that information to the search engines. Because of this tag they will understand what kind of image it is.
D. Heading Tags - There are 6 types of heading tags H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6. H1 is the main heading of the page and each page must have only one H1 tag, so don't use H1 tag more than once. You can use sub-heading tags more than once like H2 to H6 tags.
E. Page Url - As I already told you in this post, url plays an important role in the organic search, so create urls search engine friendly and they must contain your product’s name.
F. Product Video - If you have product video, then post it on your product page. Visitors who are visiting your product page are can easily understand your product that way. Video is the best medium for a presentation; this will increase your sales.
12. Breadcrumb – Now a day you may see about bread crumb in the SERP. All search engines use these micro data to display urls in different ways in the search engine result pages. Here is the example:
Just insert breadcrumb in your website and see the change in the SERP in few days. Breadcrumb is also useful for website navigation, with the help of this microdata visitors can see which category or page they have landed on. They can change the page or category via these bread crumbs.
13. Product Image - The image must be clear and clicked from different angles. Customers want a clear picture as to what are they purchasing, this will help them to see the product virtually. If your images are clicked by a bad camera then it must be of poor quality. So, try posting a good quality images of your products.
14. Phone Number & Company Details - Put phone number and company details of each page of your website, if customers have any question related to your product then they will contact you. This will also give them gain trust that it is a genuine company and you have an infrastructure to deal with your customers.
Some new shopping websites are using this technique, but brands do not use this because Brands are Brands. People already know about them and they already have trust in the market.
The Ecommerce businesses or websites wants to be eager about collecting email addresses from their visitors. It doesn’t mean that just put a subscription form at the sidebar and wait for the people to sign up. It means that boost the visitors by giving them a reason to join.
If your target customers are searching for the information related to the product you are selling, you can attract these users with eBooks or webinars and then explain the great benefits and endorse the usage of your product. You can render the free shipping, or discounts on their first order too.
• Leverage word-of-mouth:
It is usually said that the word-of-mouth marketing is the most effective form of marketing. There are some basic things you can do to build a great customer experience. You can deliver products instantly, you can send customers respectful emails after purchases, and you can talk to them on phone to confirm shipment and so on.
• Maximize results with pay-per-click advertising and social media:
In this highly competitive world of search engine optimization, the ranking for keywords is a long-term method. PPC ads provide the capability to reach higher goals in search results without having to drive your website to the number one spot! It is a very effective way of generating and increasing the traffic to a landing page. PPC ads make it easy to target the right audience; and with sufficient data, you can build audience to attract your target products.